If you want traffic, and free traffic at that, you first need to create content. In this particular case, I refer to writing a blog, providing information on a regular and consistent basis, over a period of time.
How do you know what content to create and how do you create it?
This will seem too simple, but why over-complicate it? The 3 steps are:
- Identify the key concepts and keywords about your product or service. If you wanted information
about it, how would you find it? What keywords would you use, or what questions would you ask?
- For each, write down everything you know about it. Bullet points are fine.
- Look at each bullet point and do some research and find more information that you can gather to write a whole post about it. Remember to keep track of references to the material that you intend to use.
- Write at least one post about each of these bullet points
- Use Yoast to check that you use the keyword the best number of times
- Format the material in a way that makes it easy to scan and read
- Create a good title
- Use the keyword or phrase.
- Use questions or numbers to make it interesting and appealing.
- Remember to add links to the source of any material that you used
- Add images, photos, graphs etc. to make it more useful and understandable and also more enjoyable to read
- How many times?
At least 50. Don’t panic, that’s not as big of a number as you think. Just write one post daily, and you will get there. This will also develop consistency not just in your behaviour but in the eyes of Google. As stated before, Google loves consistency.
- Create a daily schedule when you sit down and do this. If you find this hard, start with one hour a day. And it will get easier to the point where 1 hour is all you need for 1 post.
So there you have the 3 simples steps. And yes, there is far more to it than this, and for that, I recommend you follow a program like Content Empire which will be a life-long resource for you. It certainly helps me every day!
The purpose of today was to help you realize that you can just follow simple steps and get there. Don’t over-complicate it, because that will either slow you down or even stop you.
Just start, do step 1 then 2 then 3, daily and consistently.
If you feel your brain start to complicate things, breathe, relax and remember: just 3 small steps, one at a time.
You got this!